Saturday, July 9, 2011

Weekend 2 - fun with flooring

Another one of our surprises was finding linoleum under the carpet and padding in the hallway and stairs! So what started off as an easy thought 'just quickly rip up the old linoleum so we have the fresh start for the new hardwood' ended up with a weekend of scraping, sweating, pealing, and moaning! 100 degrees and pealing 60's linoleum is not what we'd planned for. I promise to the end of my days I will never punish anyone with installing linoleum. I can't decide which was worse...the molding and decomposing carpet or the linoleum. The best news of all is it is all gone!!! We are ready for hardwood and Niko is ready for a nap!)

 Before picture with carpet / linoleum surprise!

Piles and piles of linoleum!

Clean stairs ready for the beautiful new hardwood!


No comments:

Post a Comment